At Group Access, our mission is to provide our customers hardware and professional services of outstanding quality. In business for more than 20 years in the evolution of the IT services, we continue to increase our market share, offering exciting career opportunities in a dynamic and competitive market.
The Technician Level 3 is responsible for handling the most difficult or advanced problems. It is synonymous with level 3 support, 3rd line support, back-end support, support line 3, high-end support, and various other headings denoting expert level troubleshooting and analysis methods. These individuals are experts in their fields and are responsible for not only assisting both Tier I and Tier II personnel, but with the research and development of solutions to new or unknown issues.
- Analyze existing capabilities and requirements, develop redesigned frameworks and recommend areas for improved capability and integration. Develop and document detailed statements of requirements.Evaluate existing procedures and methods, identify and document database content, structure, and application subsystems, and develop data dictionary.
- Define and document interfaces of manual to automated operations within application subsystems, to external systems, and between new and existing systems.
- Prototype potential solutions, provide trade-off information and suggest recommended courses of action.
- Perform cost/benefit analysis of implementing new processes and solutions.
- Provide advice in developing and integrating process and information models between business processes to eliminate information and process redundancies.
- Provide advice in defining new requirements and opportunities for applying efficient and effective solutions; identify and provide preliminary costs of potential options
- Prepare implementation plans for particular technologies.
- Installs and monitors particular facets of technology.
- Configures and optimizes technical installations.
- Troubleshoots, and responds to user problems.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of particular technologies and products supporting that technology.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Very good knowledge Virtualisation, (VSphere, Hyper-V) Windows servers;
- Good knowledge of networking;
- Good knowledge firewall, switches;
- Knowledge Exchange ( PowerShell);
- Knowledge of storage ( SAN, NAS);
- Bilingual (English & French) written & verbal;
- Diploma in the field of computer science or equivalent;
- Ability to focus on what people say, and use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of solutions and alternatives;
- Ability to identify complex problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions;
- Customer service oriented.
COMPETENCIES (IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE)
- Reliability – Be trustworthy, reliable and responsible and comply with its obligations.
- Attention to detail – attention to detail during the execution of the tasks.
- Cooperation – Be friendly and pleasant with colleagues at work, keeping a cooperative attitude.
- Analytical thinking – analyse information and use logic to solve the different problems and difficulties.
- Integrity – Be honest and demonstrate ethics.
- Reporting to the Service Operations Director.
- Location: Montréal
- Base salary
Groupe Access was founded in 1993 and has become one of the leading hardware and information technology (IT) services firms in Canada. Groupe Access provides end-to-end hardware, IT and business process services to clients across Canada.