VIRTUALIZATION & STORAGE SPECIALIST
WORKPLACE MONTREAL OFFICE
At Group Access, our mission is to provide our customers hardware and professional services of outstanding quality. In business for more than 20 years in the evolution of the IT services, we continue to increase our market share, offering exciting career opportunities in a dynamic and competitive market.
We are currently seeking a Lead Virtualization and Storage Specialist. Candidate will be responsible for managing a team for implementation of virtualization storage product
- Perform software product installation, configuration management, maintenance, testing and documentation of VMware and Microsoft related products
- Install virtualization solutions for our clients using ESXi and Hyper-V
- Ensure highest level of availability, reliability and performance for virtualization platforms and associated products
- Install upgrades and patches for VMware, Hyper-V and other products
- Define comprehensive automation for VMware and Hyper-V.
- Work with the architecture teams to translate high level business requirements into technical designs and practical solutions
- Design, configure, deploy, test, troubleshoot, maintenance of SAN architecture
- Design, configure and maintain FC switches, converged network adapters and other switching technologies
- Act as focal point for SAN & NAS environments, including planning, support, and implementing changes
- Assist in SAN capacity planning, maintenance, troubleshooting hardware issues
- Provide 3rd level software and problem diagnosis together with our customer care team
- Develop best practices with respect to process and documentation/templates
- Transfer knowledge to other team members and share new ideas to improve company products or processes
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Advanced technical knowledge of VMware virtualization technologies (vCenter, vSphere, ESXi, VDPP, DRS, vMotion, HA, FT, DRS, SRM, CapIQ, VCM)
- Technical knowledge of common server network settings – such as VLAN, multi-path, iSCSI.
- Knowledge of scripting skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication and technical documentation skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, deadline intensive environment.
COMPETENCIES (IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE)
- Initiative – Willingness to take in charge new responsibilities and new challenges.
- Independence – Being able to develop its own way of doing things, be autonomous, and depend on oneself to do its work.
- Performance/Effort – Be able to establish and maintain personal goals as well as exert constant efforts during the performance of the tasks and challenges.
- Perseverance – Be persevering facing problems.
- Reliability – Be trustworthy, reliable and responsible to its obligations.
- This position reports to the Technical Director.
- Location: Montréal
- Base salary
Groupe Access was founded in 1993 and has become one of the leading hardware and information technology (IT) services firms in Canada. Groupe Access provides end-to-end hardware, IT and business process services to clients across Canada.